Sometimes our first “babies” are our fur babies. Most people who have pets treat them the same as a member of the family, I know I do. Did you know that April is ASPCA’s Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month? Also April 11th is National Pet Day. Along with making sure we treat our animals’ right, it’s also important to feed them healthy food just like we feed ourselves.
I have one dog, and if you have read other pieces that I have written you know his name is House (I know kind of odd, but he was named after Dr Gregory House on the TV show House). He is a Chow Chow, Golden Retriever and Husky mix. He’s a big boy at about 110 pounds, but he thinks he’s a lap dog. It is very important that we feed him the best food we can so he can be as healthy as possible. Wellness Pet Food is one of the leading pet foods out there. “According to Dr. Townshend, who is a veterinarian at Wellness Pet Food says “’natural diets offer ingredients with some important health benefits such as probiotics, those good bacteria that are essential for a healthy immune system and digestive tract; glucosamine and chondroitin for joint health; omega-3 fatty acids or fish oils for heart and kidney health; and added digestive supplements to enhance digestibility to get the very best benefits from quality proteins and fats.’”
Some of the biggest benefits to Wellness® Complete Health® Recipes include:
- Live Active Probiotics – Added after the cooking process to promote a healthy intestinal tract and overall digestive health at guaranteed levels
- Omega 3 & 6 Mix – Offering guaranteed levels of essential fatty acids for cellular function and healthy skin
- Essential Vitamins & Minerals – Designed for cellular health, immunity and disease resistance
- Fruit & Veggie Antioxidants – A proactive step in improving your pet’s nutrition
- Rigorous Safety Testing – A Quality Assurance program that maintains strict standards for food safety
- Excellent Nutritional Standards – Every batch of dry food is tested throughout the entire manufacturing process, from its basic ingredients to the finished products
Wellness Pet Food has created a website called CheckYour bag. It allows you to compare their dog food vs. others that claim to be natural. To find a store near you click HERE You can also find them on facebook and twitter to find tips, pictures and fun stories or even share your own about your animals. You can use the hastag #checkyourbag or even #naturaldogfood when you are sharing your pictures or stories. If you are interested in joining their pet club, click HERE to sign up.