I have needed new cutting boards for a long time. It’s one of those things that you put on a list but always forget to get. I was given the chance to try some bamboo cutting boards from Bamboo Style, and I said yes right away. I figured I can check it off my list and get a good review item at the same time.
I have never owned bamboo cutting boards before, but I have to say, I was missing out. The boards are great quality and wash really well. The first thing I used them for was to cut up strawberries for a salad. I was a little worried that the color from the strawberries would stain the wood, but it didn’t.
We have been using them pretty much every day for fruit or veggies mainly. It’s really nice not having to worry about dyes or anything. I also like the fact that they are 100% renewable resource.
There are many benefits to using bamboo:
· Extra Thick for Durability
· 15% stronger than Maple and 33% lighter than Oak
· Easy to clean & maintain
· Natural Bamboo with no dyes or colors
· FSC certified to ensure sustainable and ethical harvesting
· Doesn’t dull knives
· Socially Responsible- 100% renewable resource
· Free of fertilizers and pesticides
· Anti-bacterial properties
If you are in the market for new cutting boards, this is the way to go. Even if you are not, these would make for great gifts for a new married couple, and they are very affordable at under $25 for the set of 4 on Amazon