Mya loves sock, I mean she LOVES sock. Not just any sock will do though, it has to be a fun or patterned sock. She doesn’t do white ones, so yea it gets interesting. Darn Tough asked me if I would try out a pair of their kids hike/trek socks and a pair of their adult socks. If Mya found out I said no that wouldn’t be good, so of course I said yes.
One thing I noticed right away about the socks is that they don’t have a ton of stretch in them. To me that’s a good thing. That means they won’t get worn out as fast.
Mya loves them, and said “They are super comfy”. I guess that means that they are kid approved
I find Darn Touch’s guarantee like no other. On their site they state:
“If our socks are not the most comfortable, durable and best fitting socks you have ever owned, return them for another pair, or your money back.
No strings. No conditions. For life.
When you are really serious about something you make it yourself.”
We have all worn out socks right? Well, if you wear out a pair of Darn Tough socks you can just return them. “If you were able to wear out a pair of Darn Tough socks, we’ll replace them. At any time. Just package the socks up, fill out the form, and send to the appropriate address—we will send you a brand new pair!”
I was really wondering what their secret is. While they of course won’t tell you everything, they still tell you a bit…
- High Density Knitting- More knit stitches per inch equates to durability and cushioning without bulk.
- Performance Fit- From form fitting toe boxes to sculpted heel pockets and knit-in elastic support at the arch, our knitting techniques produce the finest fitting performance sock available.
- Merino Wool- Our custom count, shrink treated Merino wool enhances the comfort and durability that outdoor enthusiasts have come to expect from this fiber.
- Coolmax®- Because wool is not for everyone. We use an exclusive Coolmax® blend to create a sock with exceptional softness, durability and superior moisture management.
- Ribbed Knit- Form fitting to the contours of your calf, shin and ankle ensuring a custom fit.
- Ribbed Ankle Support- No Slipping. No Bunching. Helps prevent blisters.
- Elastic Arch Support- Knit into the arch of all of our socks to provide added endurance.
- Ring Toe Construction- Terry loops surrounding the toe create a comfortable invisible seam.
I like that there are a ton of options and are prefect for the active child. Mya got the ¼ length but they also have boot cut. other than the Girl’s Hike/Trek they also have other lines as well for adults and men.
You can find Darn Tough at a lot of sporting good stores. To find one near you, take a look at their store locator. Make sure you follow them on facebook and twitter for all their updates.