Are you looking for a deodorant that is organic and natural? I was recently asked by Primal Pit Paste to check out their line of deodorant. It looked very interesting and and since i’m used to using regular store bought I definitely wanted to try it out.
Top 10 reasons Primal Pit Paste says you should care about what’s in your deodorant:
- Parabens- Most deodorants, even those marked “natural,” still contain harmful ingredients like parabens that produce cancer-causing estrogens. No Parabens in PPP!
- Aluminum- Contained in most deodorants and even disguised in some “healthy/natural” ones, aluminum is linked to Alzheimer’s. No Aluminum in PPP!
- Fragrances- Fragrances are lab-created chemicals that are known to have negative health effects, and also trigger Asthma and allergies. No Fragrances in PPP!
- Skin absorbency- It was once thought that our skin was a “barrier,” but with patch technology we now know it is a channel and pathway for detoxification that allows good and bad things in and out of the body. Skin actually absorbs good and healthy ingredients in PPP!
- Sweating is good- You want to sweat to release toxins and it is a normal cooling response the body needs. WE LOVE SWEAT! BRING IT!
- Odor- Odor is expected with the amount of chemicals we take in and the SAD (Standard American Diet) we eat. NO ODOR with PPP! Lasts, and some people have said for up to 2 days!
- Misleading marketing- Some deodorants, even natural and organic ones like crystals and salt sprays, state that they have no aluminum chloride; but if you read the fine print they do have potassium alum. The full chemical name of potassium alum is potassium aluminum sulfate, which is still aluminum. All ingredients are disclosed on PPP and We are what we Say!
- Works- More and more people say that most conventional and natural deodorants stop working
- and don’t last. PPP lasts! Even for extreme athletes in extreme heat! PPP will withstand all sports, endurance races, mud events, any WOD (CrossFit insider word for “work out of the day"), or CrossFit competition.
- Staining and clumping- Most other deodorants leave clumps of who knows what on your pit. Or, they won’t wash off in the shower and leave yellow staining on shirts (that’s from the aluminum). NO aluminum, so no yellow stains or clumping on you pit! PPP rubs in like butter!
- Coolness Factor-The top 10 for sure reason to care about your deodorant is no other deodorant is cool and fun! PPP is cool! My Kids Love to use Primal Pit Paste for Kids!
I received 2 different products with the first being their new stick version. I started out with that since, it’s closest to what I am used to. I have learned to love coconut oil and it’s many uses. I was happy to find out that Primal Pit Paste uses it in their products along with organic shea butter, organic arrowroot powder, organic beeswax, aluminum free baking soda and essential oils. I have to say that it smells really good. If you don’t want the regular scent you can get it in others like lavender. You don’t have to use very much with the stick like you would with “regular” deodorants so it really lasts a long time. As far as effectiveness I think it helps. I can’t work out right now due to my hip replacement so I really don’t sweat much so as of right now it works good.
The other product I received was the deodorant in their jar. I had my 11 year old try it out. She was a little hesitant at first since she’s not used to it being in a jar but tried it anyway. She said it was really just like putting lotion on and wasn’t as bad as she was thinking. She runs around a lot and is very active so it really was put to the test. She happily reported that it has great coverage and she wasn’t as “stinky” as normal. I’d say the jar form past the test.
Primal Pit Paste is actually really competitive with regular deodorants. They are a few dollars more but you are getting a great product for your money. I recommend checking them out and also looking at their other products.