Looking at car seats can be so overwhelming especially if you aren’t sure on which type you want. Do you want to start with an infant seat and then move to a convertible and booster, or just skip that step and do a convertible & booster? Like I said, overwhelming. Recently Diono asked me to look at their RadianRXT car seat. There was no way I was turning them down. I have been looking at this seat for a very long time.
My daughter is now 2 so we do forward facing in her seat. Before you switch your child from rear facing please look at your state’s laws and guidelines. I also want to say right away that when you install a new seat please follow the directions to a T. You can also contact your local fire department or County Health Care office and they can help you install it.
One of my best friends happens to work for the health department and came over to help me install the RadianRXT. She found it very easy to install in my car using the LATCH and then tethering it to the back of the seat. We did notice that the tether strap is super long, so please make sure it is tucked away so that your child can’t grab it. I can safely say that once this seat is not going anywhere.
It is one of the heaviest car seats that I have lifted up, but that’s because it has a full steel frame and aluminum reinforced sides for unmatched safety
- Comfortably seats rear-facing children from 5-45 lbs, forward-facing children from 20 - 80 lbs in a 5-point harness, then converts to a booster for children up to 120 lbs.
- Unique SuperLATCH system that makes installation easy
- It also fits 3 across in most mid-size vehicles, folds flat for travel and is FAA certified
- Booster mode from 50 - 120 lbs (40 to 57 inches)
- NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions
- Energy absorbing EPS foam and side impact protection provides added safety
- Safestop® energy-absorbing harness
- Additional forward-facing recline position to accommodate different types of contoured vehicle seats, 12-position adjustable headrest, 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions deliver a comfortable ride.
- Rear-facing tether capability
- LATCH installation
- Additional set of harness pads included to use only when the child is over 65 lbs in the 5-point harness
- Expandable sides and long seat bottom allow proper leg support
- Low-sitting profile makes it easy for your child to board
- Angled cup holder keeps a variety of drinks upright and within easy reach
- Cover is machine washable (we do not recommend one with an agitator) and dryable
- Rubber bottom grips for no-slip installation
I did notice that this seat has a TON of cushion for the comfort of your child. I know how hard it is to sit in a seat that has no cushion in it. Can you imagine sitting like that for hours on a trip? I wouldn’t want my kids to. I have not seen another car seat use memory foam in it, but the RadianRXT does.
Another one of the features that I like best is that this seat is good for 10 years, yes 10!! Most other seats are good for 5 year so this makes it even better.
You may notice that this is an expensive car seat at around $299 to $350 depending on the color and store. I know this may shock some, the RadianRXT can be used from birth (5 pounds) and up to 120 pounds when you use the booster mode. This really makes it the only seat you will ever need.
You can find a retailer near you by using their sites store finder. Places that carry it are Toys R US, Target, Diapers.com and more. If you are a soon to be grandparent or going in on a baby shower gift, this would be the perfect one to have a few people chip in on. I’m glad I have it now, but wish I had it sooner.
Please like us on facebook so you can get updates, new giveaway listings, and more