In my spare time, I am and owner/admin of a mommy group. I learn something everyday from them, and just love interacting with other moms. One of the topics we talk about at least a few times a week are car seats. What are the best ones, prices, features etc. Car seats are very important as they keep our children safe, so we need to know the most we can about them before we buy. Diono asked that I look at their Rainier car seat model.
The first thing I want to note, is that this car seat is not light. It’s not made of plastic like some. It has a full steel frame and aluminum reinforced sides and headrest. So, it’s not one you want to take in and out all the time.
Installing this seat was so easy, though I did have one of my best friends help me (who works for the health department and installs seats), just in case. Diono has what is called the SuperLATCH that makes installation super simple (always read the instructions first).
There is a lot of talk about keeping children rear-facing even past the first year. Make sure you check with your state laws before you switch your child to front facing. The Diono Rainier allows you to rear-face from 5 to 50 lbs, forward face from 20 to 90 lbs, then when it’s time to convert to a booster, it can go from 50 to 120 lbs. This makes it truly the only car seat you would need for one vehicle.
Most car seats are only good for 5 years, some 10. The new Diono Rainier is good for 12 years. This makes it perfect if you need to use if for more than one child.
My friend’s daughter was sitting in it to let us know how it feels (since my daughter wasn’t home). Hadley loved it and said it was “comfy”. Diono uses memory foam for the added comfort. That is something you don’t see everyday in a car seat. Since this seat is not super wide, it makes it easier to fit more than one or two in the back, or allow someone else to sit beside the car seat without feeling cramped.
- Reinforced extra deep sidewalls lined with energy-absorbing foam give Rainier superior head and body protection
- Unique SuperLATCH system that makes installation easy
- Space saving design allows extra room for passengers while providing spacious interior for child
- Folds flat for travel and is FAA certified
- NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions
- Infant body support cushions and memory foam for added comfort
- Extra-long leg support for comfy road trips and multiple harness and buckle positions for custom fit
- Safestop® energy-absorbing harness
- Additional forward-facing recline position to accommodate different types of contoured vehicle seats, 12-position adjustable headrest, 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions deliver a comfortable ride.
- Rear-facing tether capability
- Only brand of car seats with SuperLATCH™: with the Strongest Connectors and Secureweave™ webbing it provides an easy and secure installation
- Additional set of harness pads included to use only when the child is over 65 lbs in the 5-point harness
- Expandable sides and long seat bottom allow proper leg support
- Sits low on vehicle seat for easy child boarding and improved safety performance in a crash
- Angled cup holder keeps a variety of drinks upright and within easy reach
- Cover is machine washable (we do not recommend one with an agitator) and dryable
- Rubber bottom grips for no-slip installation
The Diono Rainier is truly a great all-in-one seat that will last many years allowing you to save money on buying an infant seat, then a convertible, and then a booster. You can buy this seat online at buy buy baby, Target, Kohls, Amazon and more. Check out their site for more information and to order.
Diono Travel Pal
With children, you get toys, and with toys you get a mess. This not only happens at home, but also in the car. I don’t know about you, but my care is usually a cluttered disaster! Along with the car seat, Diono also sent me their Travel Pal. It is essentially a bin, but way better. It has pockets on the outside, inside and two spots for cups. My youngest is 2.5 so she is wants things to play with while riding in the car. Having this Travel Pal, makes it so much easier for me to put things within her reach. It doesn’t usually stay in her reach, but at least it starts out that way.
I also love that I can just pick up and put into another car when I need to, which is often since we have 2 vehicles and she’s with grandma a lot of the time. I’m sure eventually, I will be buying a few more so that each car has one, but for the time being transferring will have to do. You can find the Travel Pal online at Walmart, Kohls, Target and many more. Check it out, it is worth the price point which is about $10.
Both of these products definitely made my best of 2015!!!
Please like us on facebook so you can get updates, new giveaway listings, and more