Subscription boxes are so much fun. It’s a great way to get new products from different companies. You can find sub boxes in pretty much any category, pet, beauty, household, and of course kids products. I worked with Please and Carrots back in 2014 and was happy when they asked that I work with them again as they have expanded and have even more toys for more age groups.
They also work with ZERO TO THREE is a national, nonprofit organization that provides parents, professionals and policymakers the knowledge and know-how to nurture early development. Having Please and Carrots work with this program is really cool. It makes it more about children's development than just playing with a toy or stuffed animal. We worked with them for a few months to help my youngest daughter with rolling over and crawling. They were a huge help to us.
Please and Carrots is a little different than most subscription boxes. They don’t come monthly but quarterly instead and are packaged according to your child’s age at that time frame. When you sign up, you give Please and Carrots your child's birthday so they can send you the right boxes. If you sign up for a year, then at the next time the boxes go out, they will see your child is x months/years and will send the next box.
These boxes aren’t filled with dollar toys or sample size products. These are high quality toys and full size that kids will love. Please and Carrots works with Melissa & Doug, infantino, Plan Toys, Hape and more. These are toys that are very well made and are exactly what kids need.
Each box has 5 toys, books and games which of course you can keep. The boxes are a little on the pricey side for a sub box, but they have premium quality toys and games in them so they are really worth it. Going to the store, and searching for these and buying them would take up a lot of time and you would prob spend even more money. This way is not only easier, but cost effective. No shipping costs (yay). The breakdown is: $99/box each quarter or $349/year for 4 quarterly boxes, which comes out to $87/box. So you are saving if you subscribe to a full year. This would make for a great baby shower gift for a few people to go in on together.
I received 4 boxes all for different age group and milestone:
- 3-6 months
- 1.5 years (21-24 months)
- 2.5 year (30-33 months)
- 3-4 years
The 3-6 month box focuses on textures, and sounds. The Flip Fish, is so cute that babies even older than 6 months will love to play with.
- Peek under the scales to find hidden pictures
- Squeaker tail encourages grasp and finger strength
- Includes shatterproof mirror to engage baby's interest in faces and light
- Crinkly scales reward tactile exploration
- Washable fabrics include a variety of textures and colors
Another item in the box are the Infantino Sensory Pals. These are cute little characters that little ones can easily hold and play with in water or whenever really.
21-24 months box
Melissa & Doug High Sea Symphony
- Introduce your young child early to the international language of music
- Shake the seahorse, clack the clams, jingle the octopus and rattle the crab
Edushape- Floating Blocks
Edu-Foam building blocks cling together when wet and include doors, wall, windows and more. Set includes: 14 blocks and 1 platform. What I like about these is no matter what age, they are still fun. You can have a child who is three and they will probably still love playing with them. I know my 3 almost 4 year old had a blast when I gave them to her in the tub.
I love this age in kids. They are just starting to really talk, show their personalities and are just fun. The box that Please and Carrots put together or us is really neat.
One of the cutest toys in this box is Melissa & Doug K's Kids Bowling Friends Set
- Includes 4-inch indented ball and six character pins
- Pieces store neatly in the included storage case
- Part of Melissa & Doug K's Kids line of early developmental toys
- Great for these skills: sensory, fine motor, gross motor, logical, emotional, communication, self-esteem
We are going to a kids bday party this weekend and bringing this to play with as most of the kids are about that age. It should be a blast.
Another toy is Hape On Safari Playset
- Detailed, 4 piece, felt puzzle mat, 10 wild animals, one tree and a string
- Animals are solid wood with printed, retro designs
- String them together for counting and sorting
- All products comply with the highest quality standards - Wood used comes from FSC managed forests
Teaching kids to use their imagination is vital. I love listening to my daughter play with her toys, and the stories she comes up with for them. Now that she’s a little older they are even more crazy than when she was 2 ½.
3-4 year box
Melissa and Doug Deluxe Fuzzy Make-Your-Own Monster Puppet
- Soft, fabric monster puppet body
- Reusable, self-stick eyes, ears, antennae and accessories
- 30-piece set
- 8" diameter x 12" packaged in handy carry case
- Encourages imagination, dexterity and creative play
The box also included a few books in, a puzzle for the car. I love this box as Fallon is wanting to read stories every night and is doing more and more imagination play. These toys really do encourage her to do that.
I highly recommend taking a look at this Please and Carrots for your kids, grand kids, and every other kid out there who needs new and fun toys to play with. Please remember that each box are different depending on when you get them if you get ones for the same age. They could get different toys in them.
Please like us on facebook so you can get updates, new giveaway listings, and more