Who doesn’t like apple pie right? Add some bread pudding and ice cream and you have an amazing dessert. Now you can do this a few different ways of course.
I have learned that every recipe can be altered to what you have on hand. When I made it I didn’t have any fresh apples, or regular bread. So, I improvised and used hot dog buns and apple pie filling. Still turned out amazing. So, this is how I made it. You may want to alter it as well to your way, fresh apples, brown sugar etc.
6 pieces of bread (I had hot dog buns on hand)
1/2cup of milk
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cans apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut the bread up into small cubes
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, cinnamon, milk and vanilla
- Add the bread to the mixture and mix until the liquid is all soaked into the bread
- Add the bread into a banking pan- 9 inch, something large enough so the bread isn’t too thick, but not to large that it’s too spread apart.
- Spread the apples over the top (I add a little extra cinnamon to the apples)
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the ends are golden brown
- Let it cool for a few mins, top with ice cream and drizzle with the caramel sauce.
Please like us on facebook so you can get updates, new giveaway listings, and more
You may copy recipes on to your own computer for personal use; however, you cannot copy this recipe in its' entirety and place on your blog without giving complete credit to Top Notch Material. You may share recipes in email or websites or IN PART, as long as credit is given to Top Notch Material as the author and provide a clickable text link DIRECTLY to the recipe on our blog. You may not sell or charge for access for any recipes copied from this blog. If sharing on Pinterest or other social media, please do not replicate entire recipe in description; please provide direct link to this post. Links above may contain affiliate links.