3rd Annual National Learn to Swim Day, Saturday, May 17. National Learn to Swim Day is held annually to increase awareness about the importance of learning to swim. With spring in full effect and Memorial Day weekend around the corner, parents and caretakers nationwide are beginning to gear up for summer fun. So, now is the time to remind your readers about children’s swimming safety. SwimWays’ dedicated website, www.TeachMetoSwim.com, provides great tools and resources to help support parents in teaching their children to swim, including swim tips, accomplishment certificates and more. Help your readers keep their children safe in the pool this summer by sharing the swimming safety tips below, and help get the conversation started online by using the hashtag #TeachMeToSwim.
· Get your child comfortable in the water at an early age
· Introduce your child to the water using a baby float designed to help children feel comfortable and build water confidence, like the SwimWays Baby Spring Float
· Once your child is ready to learn to swim, use a graduated flotation device, such as SwimWays’ Swim Steps Power Swimr
· While you may feel your little one has the skills to swim unassisted, remember it takes a lot of courage to traverse the water without help
· It’s often beneficial for a child to ease into swimming with a little extra support, like a kickboard, before taking their first solo strokes
· National Learn to Swim Day is an opportunity for families to learn about the importance and benefits of learning to swim before Memorial Day Weekend and the start of summer
· Never leave your child unattended in or near the water. Teach children to understand that they must always ask for permission before they go near the water
National Learn to Swim Day Coloring Contest – As a part of the National Learn to Swim Day celebration, SwimWays is hosting a coloring contest. Kids can create their own artistic masterpiece by simply downloading a coloring sheet from TeachMetoSwim.com for the chance to win a pool prize pack, which includes a Swim Steps item, pool toy and Spring Float! Three winners will be selected, and the contest runs through May 31st. We hope you’ll share this fun contest with your readers to give them the chance to win prizes that will help teach their children how to swim this summer.
15% Off Coupon – Just in time for summer fun, SwimWays is offering a 15% off digital coupon on items in the Swim Training category on SwimWays.com. Enter coupon code SWIMSTEPS at check out to receive your discount. Expires 6/30/14.