Creamy Chicken Casserole
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts or 4 cans of premade chicken
6 ounces egg noodles
2 1/2 cups creamed soup (chicken, mushroom, etc)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup buttery round crackers
½ cup country crock
Salt and Pepper (to taste)Green Onion (garnish)
- Poach chicken in a large pot of simmering water. Cook until no longer pink in center, about 12 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside. Bring chicken cooking water to a boil and cook pasta in it. Drain. Cut chicken into small pieces, and mix with noodles. If you use the canned chicken then just drain and set aside.
- While pasta and chicken are cooking: In a separate bowl, mix together creamed soups and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Stir together cream soup mixture with the chicken and noodle mixture. Place in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, and remove from heat. Stir in crumbled crackers. Top casserole with the buttery crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 30 minutes, until heated through and browned on top.
- Add a little Green Onion on top for garnish and serve.
You could double the recipe and freeze for later, or you can put in individual ramekins to make it perfectly portion controlled and fun!