We have had a few vacuums in our house. Dyson by far is my favorite. We have a heavy duty upright So when I received the Small Ball Multi Floor Upright I was really excited. I have a lot of back, hip and knee issues, so it makes it hard to lift things. This vacuum is perfect for me. It weighs just under 13 pounds, so most people won’t have too many issues with lifting this up.
When it comes to emptying out the canister I love how easy it is. You lift, then press another button while over the garbage, shake it a little then close and reattach. If you start right next to the garbage you can be done in 30 seconds. I love how easy it is. I remember back in the day when using bags. It’s so much harder to take them off, find the new bag, put that one on etc. Not to mention the cost of buying all the bags. Since it’s so easy to empty, just make sure you don’t let the canister get too full. That will ensure you get the max vacuum sucking (in a good way).
Before I was using Dyson vacuums, it was hard to maneuver them, it was back and forth then almost picking it up to get different angles. The Small Ball is just like the larger ones and super easy to move. I don’t have to pick up or back up in order to get a weird space.
- Radial Root Cyclone™ technology: Designed to maximize power. A mesh shroud helps separate large debris, with inner cyclones generating powerful centrifugal forces. Every angle of each airway is honed to ensure microscopic particles like pollen and mold are separated from the airflow.
- Testing: Dyson upright vacuums are subjected to 550 tests over 50,000 hours. During development a Dyson vacuum will be dropped onto a hard floor 5,318 times. It will run 847 miles on a turntable rig; nearly the equivalent of a trip from Chicago to New York City.
- Patents: There are currently 304 patents and 481 pending patent applications worldwide relating to technology used in the Dyson Ball™ range of vacuum cleaners.
- Acoustics: 30% quieter than our previous small upright machine, the machine is acoustically re-engineered to reduce noise and improve sound quality.
- Height: Saves storage space. The machine is just 2.6 ft. tall with the handle retracted.
- Hygienic bin emptying: Just push the button to release the dirt directly into the bin.
- Price: $399.99
The 25% longer cord may not seem like a big deal, but it’s so handy when you can’t find an outlet. My house seems to have a million of them but most are covered up. So sometimes it’s a lifesaver to have a little bit more leeway.
Most things these days come with a one year warranty. Dyson comes with a 5 year for parts and labor!
For being “small” it doesn’t act like it. The quality of the suction is just the same as the upright larger Dyson that I have, this one will just save a little space so it really is a great value. My mom’s current vacuum is slowly loosing suction and I am considering buying her one of these as a Mother’s Day present.
Please like us on facebook so you can get updates, new giveaway listings, and more